Here’s the recording of this morning’s #SocialMediaShow with the week’s social media news plus regular features including:
- Question time – What are you social media predictions for 2017? Please let me know in the Comments below.
- Social media tip – Use the Facebook Pixel when your objective is to obtain conversations on your website eg purchases.
- Tools talk – Crowdfire. Manage your followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- My number of the week – 6. Social media isn’t always the best form of communications. Only 6% of people who celebrate Christmas say they prefer to receive a Christmas Greeting via social media. 72% of people said they’d prefer to receive a good old printed card.
- What am I drinking? – It was Cranberry Juice! Thanks for all the guesses.
- And finally – PC Sally Baines took to Twitter to appeal for toys for 2 boys under 6 years old in foster care. The people of Twitter responded with teddies, books, a football and a Star Wars scooter. One little boy even gave two of his toy cars from his toy box at home. Ahh.
Just been told about 2 kids under 6 who have been taken into Foster Care. Never had pillows, toothbrushes, toys.
I am heartbroken 💔
— Pc Sally Baines (@WYP_SallyB) December 16, 2016
The #SocialMediaShow is aimed people who work with or who are interested in social media – I hope you enjoy the recording below. The next show on Facebook will be on Monday 9 January at 9.30am live from Cheltenham. Please friend or follow me for notifications. Alternatively, select the Live Notifications button at the end of the broadcast.
Useful links from today’s Show
Social media tip
Use the Facebook Pixel if you’re advertising on Facebook and want conversions on your website. Also, good for advertising to your website visitors.
Enhanced Facebook Live
Huzza provides some great features to enhance Facebook Live as well as being a standalone video broadcast platform. I’ll be using it for the BIG Christmas Show for JPFestival.com and may give it a try for the #SocialMediaShow in the New Year.
Facebook Live 360
From next year, you’ll be able to broadcast live on Facebook in 360 video. Here’s one of the first examples from National Geographic.
Facebook Ad preferences
Irritated by ads on Facebook? You’ll shortly be able to block ad topics you don’t want to see eg alcohol ads plus Ad Preferences will be more accessible. You can go here to set your own preferences: https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences
Advanced Social Media Workshop
If you work in PR, marketing or work with social media, my advanced workshop in Cardiff on 12 January and in Cheltenham on 16 February is for you. Learn how you can take advantage of the latest trends and new social network features plus lots more – find out more and book.
Feel free to ask me questions on any aspect of social media by posting under this blog post, or by tweeting @intranetfuture.
Have a great Christmas and see you soon on social media!