Here’s the recording of this morning’s THE #SocialMedia SHOW with this week’s social media news plus the usual features:
- Question time – Which do you prefer? LinkedIn or Facebook Groups?
- Secret social media tip – Please watch the video below
- Tools talk – SmartSurvey. See below for more info and link.
- My number of the week – 20. LinkedIn recommend you should aim to post around 20 posts a month.
- What am I drinking? – It was good old H2O. Not vodka as my Mum suggested!
- And finally – according to a survey by Samsung the average Brit is likely to spend more time on social media than in the pub in their lifetime. More on this under Useful links below.
The SHOW is aimed people who work with social media – I hope you enjoy the recording below. The next live SHOW will be on Facebook on Monday 5 December at 9.30am and will be broadcast from The Growth Hub in Gloucester.
Useful links from today’s Show
Smart Survey (aff link) – A great UK based alternative to Survey Monkey. Create online surveys and responsive questionnaires with user-friendly yet advanced survey software.
Secret social media tip
Use Twitter polls – A great way to obtain feedback and engage your followers. Here’s some info from the Twitter blog.
Great example of a Facebook Group
Network and learn from other businesses in the 15,000 strong Local Business Network Group on Facebook.
Facebook Ads Workshop
Do you have a Facebook Page? Learn how to set up and use Facebook Ads at my workshop in Cheltenham on Tuesday 6 December – find out more and book.
Advanced Social Media Workshop
If you work in PR, marketing or work with social media, this advanced workshop on Thursday 15 December in Cheltenham is for you. I’m also running this workshop in Cardiff on 12 January, Learn how you can take advantage of the latest trends and new social network features plus lots more – find out more and book.
Bespoke social media training from me
I can visit your offices for a bespoke in-house training session. You can also book me for a one-to-one session either in-person or via Skype.
The average person will spend more than three years updating social media, 12 months in the pub and 235 days waiting in a queue over the course of a lifetime, according to the ‘Times Of Our Lives Report’ by Samsung – learn more.
Feel free to ask me questions on any aspect of social media by posting under this blog post, or by tweeting @intranetfuture.
See you soon on social media!