Pinterest saw massive growth in 2012 and this is set to continue in 2013 as people continue to engage with photos and videos. Pinterest is a great platform for businesses and brands to raise awareness and to literally show off their products. Here are 5 reasons to join Pinterest today.
A great example of how to use Pinterest comes from Ikea UK.
- Great variety of boards – mixture of inspirational eg Space Saving Storage and Things For Dads and product boards.
- Excellent photo quality – all the photos are professional taken and great to look at.
- In depth descriptions – each pin has a full description. Products are described in details and often include suggestions on how they can be used.
- Prices – the main focus is on inspiration so prices aren’t displayed everywhere but some some items such as beers in the Eating and Drinking Board they are included.
- Competition – good to see innovative use of Pinterest combined with Facebook for a ‘Pin and Win’ competition (now closed) to win Ikea products.
- Click throughs – all products are linked to ikea.com so a couple of clicks takes you from the image more information on the website where you can of course add product to your shopping cart.