Ikea UK pops on Pinterest
Pinterest saw massive growth in 2012 and this is set to continue in 2013 as people continue to engage with photos and videos. Pinterest is a great platform for businesses and brands to raise awareness and to literally show off their products. Here are 5 reasons to join Pinterest today.
A great example of how to use Pinterest comes from Ikea UK.
- Great variety of boards – mixture of inspirational eg Space Saving Storage and Things For Dads and product boards.
- Excellent photo quality – all the photos are professional taken and great to look at.
- In depth descriptions – each pin has a full description. Products are described in details and often include suggestions on how they can be used.
- Prices – the main focus is on inspiration so prices aren’t displayed everywhere but some some items such as beers in the Eating and Drinking Board they are included.
- Competition – good to see innovative use of Pinterest combined with Facebook for a ‘Pin and Win’ competition (now closed) to win Ikea products.
- Click throughs – all products are linked to ikea.com so a couple of clicks takes you from the image more information on the website where you can of course add product to your shopping cart.
This entry was posted in Good And Bad Social Media and tagged great example, pinterest by Jonathan Pollinger+. Bookmark the permalink.