Great LinkedIn profile example
1 May, 2012
What better example to use for a LinkedIn profile than LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman’s? You can improve your own profile by following Reid’s example in a number of areas. Here are a few:
- His Headline of ‘Entrepreneur. Product Strategist. Investor.’ clearly displays what he is all about. Note that it’s not the same as any of his current job titles.
- He’s approaching 49 recommendations which provide a clear endorsement of his ability.
- He has a large network of over 500 connections.
- Three websites are displayed and he’s customised two of them providing a link to his charity plus details on LinkedIn vacancies. Perhaps he hasn’t customised ‘Company Website’ as it is of course LinkedIn.
- His Twitter account name is displayed which makes it easy for visitors to his profile to follow him.
- He’s customised his profile URL making it neater for use on business cards, email signature etc. You can view how to customise your URL in the #tweetthat video below: