100 Twitter tips
13 December, 2011
Following the re-design of Twitter aka #newnewtwitter I’ve updated my 100 Twitter tips which you can download as a pdf.
As a sample here’s the first ten although they are no more or less important than the other ninety. I’ll be tweeting them out over the next couple of weeks. If you like a tip please tweet it followed by via @intranetfuture and the #twittertips hashtag. Thank you.
Download 100 Twitter tips (pdf)
- Check out #newnewtwitter Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Customise your background design with your brand and contact details.
- Use bitly.com to shorten links and to measure clickthroughs.
- Talk less about yourself and more about others.
- Create hashtags for your events. This helps to create buzz and conversation which raises awareness.
- Be polite - thank people.
- Monitor key words related to your business and industry.
- Ask questions to start a conversation.
- Answer questions to join a conversation.
- Make yourself memorable and your followers will take more notice of you.
About Jonathan PollingerJonathan has a wide range of communications and social media experience having starting his career as an Independent Financial Adviser. He has spent the past 13 years helping companies with communications, technology and more recently social media. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about all social networks, Jonathan is a believer in community and is keen to bring people together face to face using social media. He’s involved with the organisation of a number of regular events including Digitalks Cheltenham and Cheltenham Social Media Club. View all posts by Jonathan Pollinger → This entry was posted in Social Media Tips, Uncategorized by Jonathan Pollinger+. Bookmark the permalink.